Ruchi Soya FPO: Ruchi Soya is a diverse FMCG and FMHG focused business with strategically placed manufacturing facilities as well as well-known brands that have a pan India presence. Ruchi Soya is one of the biggest FMCG firms in the Indian sector of edible oils and is among the biggest fully integrated refining businesses in India. Being one of the first manufacturers of soya based foods has assisted their brand “Nutrela which has become the most popular and well-known brand in India.
Ruchi Soya is a pioneer in soya-based chunks, which are associated with health and nutrition. Based on the Nutrela brand Ruchi Soya’, the company has launched an assortment that includes premium oils as well as blended edible oils as well as the Nutrela High Protein Chakki Atta and Nutrela Honey 2021 Fiscal Year. The company has also increased its range of packaged food through the acquisition of the ‘Patanjali’ products portfolio, which includes biscuits as well as cookies, rusks noodles along breakfast cereals. In fiscal 2022 Ruchi Soya entered the niche market and into a high-growth FMHG segment through the introduction of the Nutraceutical business. Ruchi Soya is also into the wind power generation industry and the energy is used to purchase and also for captive use. This helps to reduce their carbon footprint to the maximum extent that is possible.
- Edible oil, its by-products, and derivatives
- Edible Soya Flour and Textured Soya Protein (“TSP”)
- Honey and Atta (flour)
- Oil Palm Plantation
- Biscuits, cookies, and rusks
- Noodles and breakfast cereals
- Nutraceuticals and wellness Products
- Renewable Energy – Wind Power
Names of Promoters:
Acharya Balkrishna, Ram Bharat, Snehlata Bharat, Ruchi Soya Industries Limited Beneficiary Trust, Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Vedic Broadcasting Limited, Patanjali Peya Private Limited, Patanjali Natural Biscuits Private Limited, Divya Packmaf Private Limited, Divya Yog Mandir Trust, Patanjali Gramudyog Nayas, Patanjali Parivahan Private Limited, Vedic Ayurmed Private Limited, Sanskar Info TV Private Limited, Patanjali Agro India Private Limited, SS Vitran Healthcare Private Limited, Patanjali Paridhan Private Limited, Gangotri Ayurveda Limited, Swasth Aahar Private Limited, Patanjali Renewable Energy Private Limited and Yogakshem Sansthan
Ruchi Soya Company Financials:
The following table will provide a Summary of consolidated financial information.
|Particulars||As of and for the Fiscal ended (in ₹ Lakhs)|
|Dec 31, 2020||March 31, 2020||March 31, 2019||March 31, 2018|
|Profit After Tax||36,643.87||771,461.39||3,412.89||- 557,327.99|
Ruchi Soya FPO Details:
|IPO Opening Date||To Be Announced|
|IPO Closing Date||To Be Announced|
|Issue Size||aggregating up to ₹0.04 Cr|
|Offer for Sale||NA|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue FPO
|Face Value||₹2 per equity share|
|Price Band||₹. to ₹. per equity share|
|Min Order Quantity||NA|
|Listing at Exchanges||BSE & NSE|
Objects of the Issue:
- Repayment and/ or pre-payment, in full or part, of certain borrowings availed by our Company
- Funding incremental working capital requirements of our Company
- General corporate purposes
Ruchi Soya FPO Time Table:
|IPO Open Date||To Be Announced|
|IPO Close Date||To Be Announced|
|Basis of Allotment Date||To Be Announced|
|Initiation of Refunds||To Be Announced|
|Credit of Shares to Demat Account||To Be Announced|
|IPO Listing Date||To Be Announced|
Ruchi Soya FPO Lot Size:
The market lot size is _ shares. A retail-individual investor can apply for up to _ lots (_ shares or ₹_).
Ruchi Soya FPO Subscription status:
|Category||Shares Offered||Percentage (%)||Subscription (times)|
|Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB)||-||-||NA|
|Non Institutional Investors (NII)||-||-||NA|
|Retail Individual Investors (RII)||-||-||NA|
Ruchi Soya business
- Ruchi Soya is a diversified FMCG and FMHG focused business, with strategically placed manufacturing facilities as well as well-known brands with a pan India presence. Ruchi Soya is one of the biggest FMCG businesses in the Indian edible oil industry and is among the biggest fully integrated refining businesses in India. Being among the first and biggest manufacturer of soya products has assisted the brand “Nutrela” to become a household general name in India. They’re across the whole value chain of palms and the soya with an extensive mix of downstream and upstream businesses. (Source: Technopak report). They’ve been granted zones, for palm plantations, by the government that aids them in integrating backward their sources of palm oil.
- Ruchi Soya ranks as the most important company in terms of allotted zones. Their involvement extends downstream to the oleochemicals industry and derivatives as well as other byproducts. They are the first to introduce soya chunks that are linked with good health and nutrition. Based on the brand ‘Nutrela They have introduced an assortment that includes premium oils as well as blended edible oils, as well as the ‘Nutrela High Protein Chakki Atta and Nutrela Honey in the fiscal year 2021. They have also expanded their range of packaged foods by purchasing the Patanjali portfolio of products comprising biscuits, cookies, and rusks, noodles as well as breakfast cereals. In the fiscal year 2022, they entered an untapped and high-growth FMHG segment through the introduction of the Nutraceutical business. (Source: Technopak Report).
- Ruchi Soya is also into the wind power generation industry in which renewable power is used to sell it and also for use in captive facilities. It also assists them in reducing their carbon footprint to the maximum extent that is possible. They are a component of the Patanjali group, which is among the most renowned Indian FMCG as well as health and wellbeing companies. Their range of products includes ayurvedic and health cosmetics, products and processed food items, drinks and juices, as well as household and personal care products. They rely on Patanjali’s expertise and know-how in nutraceuticals, and profit from synergies between the research and development process as well as their pan India distribution network.
- The nine-month period that ends at the end of this year fiscal, and for Fiscal 2020 Fiscal 2019, Fiscal 2018, revenues in operations, as well as additional income was 11,52,347.56 lakhs, 13,17,536.56 lakhs, 12,82,925.56 lakhs, and 12,02,928.03 lakhs, respectively. EBITDA was 74,777.41 lakhs, 45,847.22 lakhs, 22,195.52 lakhs, and (501,414.32) lakhs. EBITDA margin as a percent of revenue was 6.49 percent, 3.48%, 1.73 percent, and (41.68)%, and profits before extraordinary item and tax were 36,643.87 lakhs, 21,038.38 lakhs, 7,672.01 lakhs, and (6,01,024.40) lakhs, respectively. The above numbers indicate the success of the turnaround of the Company as managed by the Patanjali group following the acquisition of control and the management of the Company by The Patanjali Resolution Plan. They benefit from their strong parental connections. They leverage Patanjali’s expertise in sourcing, technological know-how, and gain from Patanjali Limited’s synergy between its portfolio of products from PAL and their deep knowledge of local markets, years of experience in the production of FMCG products, trading, and modern logistics networks in India.
Vertical for business:
- Edible oil and its byproducts and derivatives
- Edible Soya Flour and Textured Soya Protein (“TSP”)
- Honey and Atta (flour)
- Oil Palm Plantation
- Biscuits, Cookies, and Rusks
- Breakfast cereals, noodles, and noodles
- Nutraceuticals and Wellness Products
- Renewable Energy – Wind Power
- A strong promoter pedigree for the Swami Ramdev-led Patanjali group, a world-class FMCG and wellness-focused brand
Experienced management and leadership team
- Integrating downstream and upstream and one of the main actors of Oil Palm Plantation
- Ruchi Soya has developed an effective method to acquire the essential raw materials needed by businesses and has a proven track record of resolving volatility in the price of commodities and foreign exchange markets.
- Ruchi Soya products enjoy impressive brand name recognition in India. Indian market
- Ruchi Soya benefits from an established, solid, and vast distributor network.
- A foray into wellness and health with the introduction of Nutraceuticals
- Pioneer and leader of the market in the TSP branded space
- The presence across the mass, value as well as premium segments
- Ruchi Soya’s inability to anticipate, react to, and meet the needs preferences, tastes, or expectations of consumers regarding the quality or inability to accurately anticipate and effectively adapt to market trends or consumer preferences could lower the demand for its products and, ultimately, reduce sales.
- Ruchi Soya’s revenue significantly is dependent on the sales of edible oil-based products. any decrease in the sales of products made from edible oils, particularly soybean and palm oils on the market could result in a negative impact on financial performance, business, and the results of operations.
- Ruchi Soya depends almost entirely on third-party suppliers for the purpose of raw materials’ availability. In the event of a disruption or shortage of these products or price fluctuations could negatively impact the business, results of operations, and financial performance.
- Ruchi Soya recently ventured into a new venture of Nutraceuticals. If these products do not gain the acceptance of customers or fail to achieve profits that justify the investment, it could negatively impact the prospects for growth, future plans, results of operations, and financial performance.
- The transfer of business through a slump sale of cookies, biscuits, rusk, and the other bakery products business from one of the Promoter i.e. Patanjali Natural Biscuits Private Limited could result in regulatory issues and there is no guarantee as to the timing or amount of any benefits or returns that Company might receive from its recent acquisitions via transfer of breakfast cereals and noodles business.
- The loss or interruption or disruption in the business of contract manufacturers, or the inability to recognize promptly new contract manufacturers may hinder growth and harm businesses.
- Certain intellectual property rights might have not been adequately secured from third-party infringement.
- Changes in exchange rates and fluctuations in agricultural commodity prices could adversely affect the performance of operations.
- Certain of the items are susceptible to seasonal fluctuations and, as a consequence, the results of quarterly operations can fluctuate.
- Ruchi Soya operates in an environment that is competitive and may not be able to successfully be competitive, which could have an adverse impact on the business, the performance, and the financial position.
- Ruchi Soya capacity of paying dividends in the near future will be contingent upon a number of variables, including the profit from taxation for fiscal years financial condition, capital requirements, and cash flows, as well as the applicable taxes, which include a tax on dividend distributions that are owed from them.
- Ruchi Soya can be exposed to risks for business-related in the industry of oil palm, which can negatively impact the business
- The fluctuation in prices for crude palm oil as well as other palm oil products can adversely impact business results and the success of operations.
- Ruchi Soya’s failure to secure confidential information such as formulations, recipes pricing, launch, or pricing information can adversely impact its competitive position
- Ruchi Soya may be negatively affected due to negative media coverage about the products.
- The success of a business is contingent on the management team as well as the key employees. Failure of companies to retain them could negatively impact business.
- Ruchi Soya’s inability to expand or effectively manage the growth of super-stockists and distribution systems or any interruptions to distribution or supply infrastructures or the termination of a distributor contract to Patanjali Ayurved Limited may have an adverse impact on the financial health, business, and the results of operations.
- Continue to build on using the Patanjali brand and increase synergies
- Improve the high-margin premium food range through the Nutrela brand. It will also increase the brand’s visibility
intends to increase market share by gaining more market penetration and expanding the footprint in emerging markets
- Ruchi Soya plans to keep focusing on backward integration, primarily by increasing the total palm plantation area that is being cultivated.
- Expanding the 100% plant-based and vegan nutraceuticals product portfolio
- The expansion of the distribution network by diversification and optimization of supply chain
- Continue to increase the efficiency of operations through improved use of various technologies and software
Ruchi Soya Board of Directors:
|Acharya Balkrishna||Chairman and Non-Executive NonIndependent Director|
|Ramdev||Non-Executive Non-Independent Director
|Ram Bharat||Managing Director|
|Girish Kumar Ahuja||Independent Director|
|Tejendra Mohan Bhasin||Independent Director|
|Gyan Sudha Misra||Independent Director|
Ruchi Soya FPO Prospectus:
Ruchi Soya FPO Registrar:
Link Intime India Private Limited
C-101, 247 Park
L.B.S Marg, Vikhroli (West)
Mumbai 400 083, Maharashtra
Tel: +91 22 4918 6200
Investor grievance email: email@example.com
Contact Person: Shanti Gopalkrishnan
SEBI Registration No.: INR000004058
IPO Lead Managers:
- SBI Capital Markets Limited
- Axis Capital Limited
- ICICI Securities Limited
Registered and Corporate Office:
Registered Office: Ruchi House, Royal Palms, Survey No. 169, Aarey Milk Colony, Near Mayur Nagar, Goregaon (East), Mumbai 400 065, Maharashtra; Tel: +91 22 6109 0100 / 200.
Corporate Office: Office No. 601, Part B-2, Metro Tower, 6th Floor, Vijay Nagar, AB Road, Indore 452 010 Madhya Pradesh; Tel: +731 476 7009/ 109; Website: www.ruchisoya.com.
Contact Person: Ramji Lal Gupta, Company Secretary, and Compliance Officer; Tel: 91 731 476 7009 / 109; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Corporate Identity Number: L15140MH1986PLC038536